Northern Territory Connections package
Water infrastructure projects under the Northern Territory Connections package include a critical water supply network which will enable growth for agricultural and primary industry in the region. Collectively, Connections projects will make nationally significant contributions to the National Water Grid.
Northern Territory water infrastructure projects under the Connections pathway include:
- Katherine Logistics and Agribusiness Hub Water Supply
- The critical water supply network will be developed to support the development of the Katherine Logistics and Agribusiness Hub. This will enable growth for agricultural and primary industry in the region.
- Emerging Agribusiness Precinct – Gunn Point Peninsula
- A pilot project will conduct crop trialling on three lots of 100 hectare leased sites, to explore the commercial viability of agriculture opportunities that could be rolled out on a broader scale.
Collectively, these projects are expected to deliver:
- 455 jobs during construction and up to 1171 ongoing jobs
- 11.2 megalitres in additional storage capacity
- Up to 2700 megalitres per annum increased water availability
- Up to 300 hectares of irrigable land and up to 54 new customers or properties connected to water supply.
The package of projects is jointly funded by the Australian Government ($7.4 million) and other construction partners who will be confirmed.
Australian Government funding is provided through the National Water Grid Fund.
Construction for the package is expected to be completed in mid 2023.