Gisborne to Sunbury Interconnector Stage 2 Detailed Business Case
The project will complete the detailed business case, developing the detailed design and assessing the benefits for a proposed 4.5km transfer pipeline and potential storage infrastructure to connect the Gisborne and Sunbury Recycled Water Schemes.
It is expected the distribution pipeline would transfer up to 1,100ML of recycled water from Gisborne Recycled Water Plant to the Parwan-Balliang Irrigation District via the Western Irrigation Network.
The detailed business case includes:
- site investigations including cultural heritage, planning and ecological, geotechnical and topographical survey
- options analysis for the infrastructure
- detailed design of the required infrastructure
- engineering cost estimates
- financial, economic, risk and cost-benefit analysis.
The $0.7 million project is jointly funded by the Australian Government ($0.3 million) and the other partners ($0.3 million).
Please note figures are rounded.
Australian Government funding is provided through the National Water Grid Fund.
The project is underway, with the business case expected to be completed in mid 2023.